The Matias One is a desktop USB keyboard with built-in Bluetooth functionality. The wireless feature allows the keyboard to pair with a mobile device for text input. The keyboard also offers a small rubber holder to position an iPhone or other smartphone right on the keyboard.
The idea here is while working you can do text input to your iPhone by pressing the iPhone button, which then disables keyboard input into the computer. When pressed again, the keyboard goes back into computer mode. A pretty cool idea where essentially you can integrate your iPhone into your workflow without having to pick it up.
The keyboard also features a USB 2.0 hub, Mac-specific key layout, and special character labels. The key switch design is rubber dome switches, which are quiet but still responsive. Matias is also working on Tactile Pro mechanical version, plus a smaller Slim model.
The One Keyboard has a list price of $99.95, and available in either Mac or PC layouts.
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
Browse and search for more articles