The Matias One is a desktop USB keyboard with built-in Bluetooth functionality. The wireless feature allows the keyboard to pair with a mobile device for text input. The keyboard also offers a small rubber holder to position an iPhone or other smartphone right on the keyboard.
The idea here is while working you can do text input to your iPhone by pressing the iPhone button, which then disables keyboard input into the computer. When pressed again, the keyboard goes back into computer mode. A pretty cool idea where essentially you can integrate your iPhone into your workflow without having to pick it up.
The keyboard also features a USB 2.0 hub, Mac-specific key layout, and special character labels. The key switch design is rubber dome switches, which are quiet but still responsive. Matias is also working on Tactile Pro mechanical version, plus a smaller Slim model.
The One Keyboard has a list price of $99.95, and available in either Mac or PC layouts.
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
- Podcast: Low end iMac, Podcast App, Amazon Phone + More
Browse and search for more articles