The Cube is an interesting new product from NuForce that combines a portable speaker with quality DAC audio sourcing. Also added is an amp for better headphone listening. Powering the speaker is an 8-hour rechargeable battery.
The speaker is a 2-inch cube design and produces 3 watts of sound power. The DAC allows users to connect via a computer using USB to provide higher quality audio from digital sources to analog output. Essentially the DAC bypasses your computer's built-in analog output to create a better quality sound. Lastly, the headphone amp boosts audio levels. No info is given about the actual level output, but NuForce claims it can power even the most demanding over ear headphones.
The Cube looks to be an interesting idea. The big question is whether that 3 watt speaker can really utilize the DAC enough to be worth the cost.
The NuFoce Cube is available now for $119.
- iTunes Radio usage passes Spotify and Google Play
- iOS 7.1 makes iPhone 4 tolerable
- Nice video overview iOS 7 UI changes
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
Browse and search for more articles