The Cube is an interesting new product from NuForce that combines a portable speaker with quality DAC audio sourcing. Also added is an amp for better headphone listening. Powering the speaker is an 8-hour rechargeable battery.
The speaker is a 2-inch cube design and produces 3 watts of sound power. The DAC allows users to connect via a computer using USB to provide higher quality audio from digital sources to analog output. Essentially the DAC bypasses your computer's built-in analog output to create a better quality sound. Lastly, the headphone amp boosts audio levels. No info is given about the actual level output, but NuForce claims it can power even the most demanding over ear headphones.
The Cube looks to be an interesting idea. The big question is whether that 3 watt speaker can really utilize the DAC enough to be worth the cost.
The NuFoce Cube is available now for $119.
- Video: Shinola Premium Leather iPhone 5/5s case
- Honda announces further integration with iPhones
- Apple acquires Topsy Labs
- A look at some 4K monitor options
- Rockstar bringing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to iOS
- GLIF iPhone mount get update to be adjustable
- Honda rolling out Siri Eye Free on selection 2014 vehicles
- ScreenFlow 4.5 now available with Mavericks support
- Apple announces Black Friday sales
- iPhone 5s now available unlocked from Apple
- Apple buys 3D sensor company
- Podcast: Power outage, bad phone carriers, PS4, CoD, plus more
- Fifty Three announces Pencil Stylus
- OWC adds USB 3.0 to Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 enclosures
- MOGA Ace Power iOS game controller
- Sprint offers free 12 month smartphone service for students
- Find My Friends app get iOS 7 treatment
- PBS, Yahoo Screen comes to Apple TV
- Podcast: Episode 100, iPad mini, iPhone case is crappy or not? Everpix, plus more
- My iPhone Home Page AppsVideo:
- Video: Apple Leather iPhone 5/5S Case (Product RED)
- Philips announces Hue BR30 bulbs recessed lighting
- Twelve South announces BookBook Travel Journal
- Everpix shuts down
- Video: My thoughts on iPad Air
Browse and search for more articles