The Cube is an interesting new product from NuForce that combines a portable speaker with quality DAC audio sourcing. Also added is an amp for better headphone listening. Powering the speaker is an 8-hour rechargeable battery.
The speaker is a 2-inch cube design and produces 3 watts of sound power. The DAC allows users to connect via a computer using USB to provide higher quality audio from digital sources to analog output. Essentially the DAC bypasses your computer's built-in analog output to create a better quality sound. Lastly, the headphone amp boosts audio levels. No info is given about the actual level output, but NuForce claims it can power even the most demanding over ear headphones.
The Cube looks to be an interesting idea. The big question is whether that 3 watt speaker can really utilize the DAC enough to be worth the cost.
The NuFoce Cube is available now for $119.
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
Browse and search for more articles