The Cube is an interesting new product from NuForce that combines a portable speaker with quality DAC audio sourcing. Also added is an amp for better headphone listening. Powering the speaker is an 8-hour rechargeable battery.
The speaker is a 2-inch cube design and produces 3 watts of sound power. The DAC allows users to connect via a computer using USB to provide higher quality audio from digital sources to analog output. Essentially the DAC bypasses your computer's built-in analog output to create a better quality sound. Lastly, the headphone amp boosts audio levels. No info is given about the actual level output, but NuForce claims it can power even the most demanding over ear headphones.
The Cube looks to be an interesting idea. The big question is whether that 3 watt speaker can really utilize the DAC enough to be worth the cost.
The NuFoce Cube is available now for $119.
- Trans Intl announce performance 2 TB Tiger SSD
- Ken Segall on Apple Watch's killer app
- Video: FLIR One thermal camera w/ Lightning Connector for iOS (Second Generation)
- Second gen FLIR One thermal cam with Lightning connector now available
- Report: How free apps are changing ad-supported content
- iOS 9 looks to free up space for OS upgrades
- CarPlay coming to select 2016 Buick and GMC vehicles
- Apple changes course on Radio payments during trial
- Taylor Swift sounds off on Apple Music free trial
- Apple patches some issues with XARA exploit
- On Apple's accessibility push with iOS
- Snowden on Apple privacy initiatives
- Nice overview of new OS X and iOS vulnerabilities
- OS X/iOS flaws may make passwords vunerable
- Dark Sky weather app gets major update
- Adobe announces updates to Creative Cloud
- Instacast podcast player is discontinued
- Apple Pay to deliver 71.5%+ split to music owners
- Ars Technical looks at El Capitan
- Podcast: iOS 9, El Capitan, Apple Watch + More
- Apple’s Schiller talks about 16 GB on entry level devices
- OWC USB-C Dock goes on pre-order
- Apple Watch watchOS 2 announced with native apps
- iOS 9 announced with refinements and iPad features
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan announced
Browse and search for more articles