Put your iMac on a pedestal. A $399 pedestal. That's the solution Rain Design proposes for your flat-screen iMac with its iGo, which is reviewed at TechTV.
Actually, it's a fairly impressive piece of kit, which cannot be emulated by a bunch of phone books stacked up.
For your $399 (the price of a late-model fruity piece of CRT iMac design), you get a lamp and big steel legs to prop up your pricey Luxo Lamp, and the whole shebang can be wheeled around. iGo also includes a keyboard tray and everything else that opens and shuts, including speaker holders. To keep appearances up, the wires are tucked out of sight. Not forgetting the obligatory built-in mouse pad, of course.
The bottom line? Pricey, but a talking point with some practical application, particularly if you shift your iMac frequently.
- Apple opens OS X betas to everyone
- Apple patches triple handshake, other vulnerabilities
- Apple TV ad Powerful shows off iPhone 5s prowess
- 1Password gets significant updates to iOS, OS X
- Proposed Thunderbolt standard promises to support dual 4K displays
- A&E, The History Channel, and Lifetime channels now available on Apple TV
- Apple touts environmental efforts for Earth Day
- Report: Nike looks to get out of fitness tracker game
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
Browse and search for more articles