Put your iMac on a pedestal. A $399 pedestal. That's the solution Rain Design proposes for your flat-screen iMac with its iGo, which is reviewed at TechTV.
Actually, it's a fairly impressive piece of kit, which cannot be emulated by a bunch of phone books stacked up.
For your $399 (the price of a late-model fruity piece of CRT iMac design), you get a lamp and big steel legs to prop up your pricey Luxo Lamp, and the whole shebang can be wheeled around. iGo also includes a keyboard tray and everything else that opens and shuts, including speaker holders. To keep appearances up, the wires are tucked out of sight. Not forgetting the obligatory built-in mouse pad, of course.
The bottom line? Pricey, but a talking point with some practical application, particularly if you shift your iMac frequently.
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
Browse and search for more articles