Put your iMac on a pedestal. A $399 pedestal. That's the solution Rain Design proposes for your flat-screen iMac with its iGo, which is reviewed at TechTV.
Actually, it's a fairly impressive piece of kit, which cannot be emulated by a bunch of phone books stacked up.
For your $399 (the price of a late-model fruity piece of CRT iMac design), you get a lamp and big steel legs to prop up your pricey Luxo Lamp, and the whole shebang can be wheeled around. iGo also includes a keyboard tray and everything else that opens and shuts, including speaker holders. To keep appearances up, the wires are tucked out of sight. Not forgetting the obligatory built-in mouse pad, of course.
The bottom line? Pricey, but a talking point with some practical application, particularly if you shift your iMac frequently.
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
Browse and search for more articles