Put your iMac on a pedestal. A $399 pedestal. That's the solution Rain Design proposes for your flat-screen iMac with its iGo, which is reviewed at TechTV.
Actually, it's a fairly impressive piece of kit, which cannot be emulated by a bunch of phone books stacked up.
For your $399 (the price of a late-model fruity piece of CRT iMac design), you get a lamp and big steel legs to prop up your pricey Luxo Lamp, and the whole shebang can be wheeled around. iGo also includes a keyboard tray and everything else that opens and shuts, including speaker holders. To keep appearances up, the wires are tucked out of sight. Not forgetting the obligatory built-in mouse pad, of course.
The bottom line? Pricey, but a talking point with some practical application, particularly if you shift your iMac frequently.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles