Put your iMac on a pedestal. A $399 pedestal. That's the solution Rain Design proposes for your flat-screen iMac with its iGo, which is reviewed at TechTV.
Actually, it's a fairly impressive piece of kit, which cannot be emulated by a bunch of phone books stacked up.
For your $399 (the price of a late-model fruity piece of CRT iMac design), you get a lamp and big steel legs to prop up your pricey Luxo Lamp, and the whole shebang can be wheeled around. iGo also includes a keyboard tray and everything else that opens and shuts, including speaker holders. To keep appearances up, the wires are tucked out of sight. Not forgetting the obligatory built-in mouse pad, of course.
The bottom line? Pricey, but a talking point with some practical application, particularly if you shift your iMac frequently.
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
Browse and search for more articles